The Noble Experiment Part III (Screen Resolution Success)

...and there was much rejoicing.

After weeks of frustration, the first solution I had tried (typing "sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel" in the terminal) finally panned out.  I turned out that after installing the intel driver I had to manually edit my xorg.conf file, replacing the defaut "vesa" driver with the word "intel".  Below you can click on the thumbs to see my original 1024 x 768 layout and my new 1440 x 900 goodness.  Check out all of that desktop real estate I gained back!  Wide open spaces are wonderful, particularly when you're running a seperate OS on a virtual box! 

1024×768.png   1440×900.png

Tune in next time for "The Noble Experiment, Part IV: The Perfect Desktop"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3d Resurrection - Getting your Cube 3 Working again

What happened, Classcraft?

Why you hate group work.