As a part of the project, students will demonstrate a variety of technology fluency skills in the context of completing the following components:
- Research (tagged to your student Diigo account and our class Diigo group).
- Scale Floor Plan drawings (rendered in Google Sketchup or MS Visio)
- Student Choice 1:
- Promotional Materials
- Interior design Moodboards
- Landscape Design Plan
- Elevation Renderings in Sketchup
- Pecha-Kucha presentation of project as endcap (last week of class).
One of the challenges of providing a choice of complex projects in which students may demonstrate skills is managing the instruction of myriad specialized applications. I've been accomplishing this through Schooltube & Screencastomatic. Here are three of my most recent tutorials on drawing in Google Sketchup.
Step 1: Importing a Sample Floorplan into Sketchup
Step 2: Drawing interior & exterior walls
Step 3: Push / Pull & 3d awesomeness...
These are part of the larger series listed here: